Friday, July 01, 2005

Life is so interesting. Just when you think you know what is going to happen next, things hit you like an Anthony Hamilton song, Coming from where I'm From. I am enjoying my time California, but its almost like its not real. I have been working really hard on my photo story and my regular assignments at the Mercury News. Right now I am listening to Ghetto by Leela James. She has definite soul. I like her voice a lot. While I am here I am trying to not take myself to seriously. I think that is a disease that a lot of people are suffering from. Its quite an outbreak. I think that is when life stops being fun and the Lord knows that's not what I want. I can be many thing to many different kinds of people. That can be good or bad depending on how you want to look at it. Right now I am working on this photo story about Polynesian dancing. It is really cool. I love the hula dancing. Very provocative and it looks like a lot of fun. My friend Laura is coming to visit me from the 17th to the 19th and I want to go to ATL for the NABJ convention so I can pimp my self out to perspective bosses.

I was watching True Life on MTV about being a soldier and what it means to survive the Iraqi war. While some might come back with no physical damage, a lot of them come back with mental damage to where they can not even function in daily life. It was really sad and then they showed a guy that was in the special forces who had three of his limbs mangled by a mortar for tanks. It was really sad and it made me cry. Then I thought you know how sometimes when you cry you lick your tears as they trail down your face, if you drank your tears would is purify your heart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home