Monday, June 18, 2007

Lost In Detroit: Intuition

Nelly



Like two droplets of water our lips are fused together
Pulling our hearts closer together in between the cracks of perception
"You could be my future wife," and "I could love you if you just let me"

Like rain falling, the dance is constant
the clouds in my mind won't let me see the sun
Is there even a sun
Or is it just a man racing on a bike
turning the wheel of light

I feel like an allegory chained to the wall
freightened by the shadows
Afraid to see if there is more
because what if there is and it's scarier than what I had imagined

Into what depths can my soul fall
Choices are all I have
Blindness is all I see
Red-colored rose petals strung across my thighs
connect the dots and it will lead you to my eyes
Holding back who I am
a guise
This is not me
My body lies
Why does my soul die when I feel so alive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home